Ever woke up to a face of absolute nightmare, eyes flushed out, and skin appearing pale and un-fresh. You’re not alone, this is a common sight every morning for most women and girls. Previously, most resorted to expensive cosmetic solutions to cover up the defaults. Until recently, a simpler solution has become available – a face wash.
Having the best acne face wash is going to be the ideal everyday solution, for everyday skin freshness that will not only provide cleansing, but also work as an effective acne treatment.
Unlike concealers, bb creams and other related cosmetics, which can be troublesome for teen girls to buy and inappropriate for their age. Having a simple face wash for acne is the safest, and the most reliable way to acquire an effective product.
For young people, transitioning into adulthood, acne can be a troubling period. Simple soaps and creams cannot get rid of stubborn acne that can flair up unexpectedly.
It is imperative that an informed and well advised selection is made, because your skin is your glory and an effective face wash will go a long way in eliminating and controlling major symptoms of acne.
We will look into some of the best face wash for acne available and conduct a detailed review. Following a standard of highlighting key details and ingredients of each product along with their associated pros and cons. In the end, a comprehensive conclusion will follow – highlighting the reasons for our preferred selection.
Let’s dive in deeper and see what our top products of 2017 have to say:
10 Best Acne Face Wash Reviews & Analysis
This section contains our top 10 acne face wash reviews which are mainly divided into 3 parts: Features, Pros and Cons.
10. Potent Treatment For Acne
At No 10 on the list is the Replenix Solutions Acne Wash with Aloe Vera, it is a potent treatment for acne prone skin types, to make sure the skin remains clear and cleansed.
The 10% benzoyl peroxide wash helps in clearing acne causing bacteria on the surface. In addition to being a good acne fighter, the product also helps in deep exfoliation of the skin, resulting in the emergence of a fresher and brighter skin surface from beneath.
9. Best Face Wash for Acne-Prone Sensitive Skin
At No 9 on our lineup, is the Cetaphil daily facial cleanser. Unlike others which might be used depending on the results, this cleanser is meant to be used for all your everyday needs.
Being recommended dermatologically, the cleanser’s formulation ensures gentle-ness and zero irritation caused by the product. Cleaning out the dirt and oil from the pores is as easy and simple as a massage on the face with a normal dime size application, followed by thorough rinsing.
The product does not leave the skin overly dry or tight. Preventing from cracking or face break down. Being non-comedogenic it won’t clog the pores.
8. Best Over-The-Counter Acne Face Wash
No 8 product is from Aveeno, a maker of high quality beauty products. They bring in their clear complexion foaming cleanser, which helps treat and prevent future blemishes and breakouts.
Unlike other products, the cleanser does not over dry the skin, because of the active natural ingredients like moisture rich soy formula. It visibility improves skin tone and texture. While being completely oil free, the product does not leave a greasy feeling or outer residue.
So gentle, it’s ideal for everyday usage while also being non-comedogenic and hypoallergenic. Leaving a skin which is fresher and more radiant.
7. Best Oil-free Face Wash for Acne-Prone SkinNeutrogena Oil-Free
No 7 product is from a well heard and very famous company Neutrogena, their oil-free acne wash is their take on the product that will solve your acne related issues. Seeping deep into the pores, to treat acne from the roots as well as prevent future breakouts with over drying.
Your pores are left unclogged, your skin feeling fresh and revitalized. The wash also includes skin comforters that soothe and condition the skin, so you wouldn’t need to condition with another product. Irritation is greatly minimized through the conditioning effect.
- Fights against breakouts and blemishes.
- Cleans pores deeply from within.
- Oily free and non-greasy.
- Very moderately priced.
- Can experience dryness, depending on skin type.
- Not ideal for very sensitive skin types.
- Might not be able to combat mild or stronger acne.
6. Boscia Clear Complexion CleanserBoscia Clear Complexion Cleanser
No 6 product is from Boscia, a reputable company for cosmetic corrective products. It is lightweight, with a gel base technology for a premium and soft appearance and texture. It thoroughly cleanses pores to maximize clarity and complexion without irritating the skin.
Featuring antioxidants and natural botanical ingredients like willow bark extracts for gentle exfoliation and purification of the pores. It also has rosemary leaf extracts for skin firmness and reduce pore appearance. Germanium is also added to further support circulation in the skin, balance sebum production and improve skin elasticity.
- Free from all sorts of parabens, sulfates and phthalates
- Dermatologically tested, and Idea for all skin types.
- Heals acne and prevents future breakouts.
- Improves complexion and age defying benefits.
- A little expensive for the quantity.
- Might cause the skin to dry out and crack on too much use.
- The tightening is uncomfortable for some users.
5. Best Face Wash for Cystic AcneClean & Clear Continuous Control
At No 5, A company heard by many, and quite popular among young youthful TV ads, Clean & Clear bring their continuous acne control cleanser. The product clears acne and helps eliminate blemishes occurred from it, as well as preventing future breakouts.
It features a special pore-penetrating technology that seeps in deep, and deposits 10% acne fighting medicine- Benzoyl Peroxide at the very spot of cause and not just the upper layers of the skin.
You’re left with the clearest of skins, which continues to improve, upon frequent usage.
- Very economically priced.
- Available in most stores and pharmacies.
- Effective pore-penetrating technology.
- Not suitable for people with very sensitive skin.
- If you’re sensitive to benzoyl peroxide, not a product for you.
- Might cause skin irritation with varying symptoms.
4. Best For Smoother SkinClinique Acne Solutions
No 4 product is from Clinique, their acne cleansing foam. A very soft to apply and mild medicated cleansing application, to give you smooth skin through easy and fast cleansing foam.
The foamy formulation is made to clear any excess oil and dirt and fight acne as gently as possible, while restricting the outcome of any future breakouts. Leaving you a smooth and fresher feeling skin.
- Ideal for all skin types.
- Provides soothing for dry skin types.
- Foamy texture is soft on the skin and spreads quickly.
- Prolonged use might cause dryness.
- The results require some dedicated time before appearing.
3. Washes Away Acne Causing BacteriaBurt’s Bees Natural Acne Solutions
No 3 product from Burt’s Bees is a gel based purifying cleanser. The product soothes acne prone skin with a gentle gel texture formula. That is light on the skin, yet effectively washes away acne causing bacteria without over dying the skin.
Featuring willow bark extracted salicylic acid, which helps combating acne more deeply. Whereas primrose and beetroot extracts work together to provide a smoothing relief from irritated skin and soreness.
For more benefits the complete range can be used from Burt’s Bees to further protect and enhance the skin
- Made from a natural ingredient base.
- Gentle on the skin, so it’s suitable for more skin types.
- Helps control the severity of mild to moderate cystic acne.
- Lathers well, and lather is very creamy.
- Good value, bottle lasts long.
- Does not help in the case of blackheads.
- Not suitable for everyday use if not experiencing breakouts.
2. Best Face Wash for Acne BlemishesMurad Clarifying Cleanser
No 2 product is from Murad, their clarifying cleanser. A simple cleanser that potentially fights some of the strongest acne by eliminating 99% of acne causing bacteria on the surface.
The product penetrate deep into the skin, through an ‘acne complex’ ingredient base that has clinically reduced acne in 90% of the users. In addition to the complex, it has a maximum strength gel cleanser that fights acne further and prevents future breakouts.
Having a combo of medical green tea extract and menthol, providing a cooling sensation that soothes irritated skin to a cool.
- Not tested on animals.
- Showed good results and blemish reduction in 4 weeks.
- Developed by dermatologist and clinically tested.
- Fairly priced for a Murad product.
- Caution for people with sensitive skin.
- Prolonged use can cause dryness.
1. Best Unclogging ScrubBiore Pore Unclogging Scrub
At No 1 on our list is the pore unclogging scrub from Biore. Consisting of a combination of salicylic acids and beads that unclog pores from dirt and oil, and exfoliates your skin thoroughly.
The nature of the scrub is not only effective but also very gentle to the skin. Consisting of beads that are circular than jagged, that provide the softest of touches to your skin without hurting it.
Featuring ingredients that penetrate deeply where blemishes start, so as to prevent future breakouts from occurring.
- Exfoliates deeply, while treating acne symptoms.
- Complete oil free and does not feel greasy.
- Very price friendly and affordable.
- This is an updated formula, might not provide the same results as before.
- Meant for light to mild acne symptoms not severe ones.
- Provides a sensation of tingling that might not be suitable for sensitive skin.
After carefully carrying out the detailed study, and gathering information from multiple resources and users regarding the best acne cleanser. I have come on the conclusion that no product is perfect at every level and many factors come in play, for the ideal selection.
But for the purpose of explanation and selection, the product that happens to be the most balanced in cost and effectiveness is none other than the Burt's Bees natural acne solutions purifying gel cleanser.
The product performs the best among areas of namely price, effectiveness and feedback. Unlike the competition, which might be either too expensive or boast ingredients that might cause a negative reaction among users.
The Burst’s Bees acne solution purifying gel is very moderately priced with respect to quality. The bottle will last a while, due to less application and greater coverage.
Having all-natural ingredients is amazing for such a sensitive area as the face. Also, it is very gentle on the skin and suitable for more skin types.
Users reported their cystic acne to be gone after a period of use, all without any irritation to the skin. Though it does not cater to blackheads, that wasn’t the primary reason of choice either.
While no product can be supreme over the other, this product has the chance to give you least chemical back firing and save you from further misery and trouble.
Related Buyer’s Guides