Fun Facts About Christmas, Easter & Valentines Day

45 Fun Facts About Christmas, Easter & Valentines Day

3

Valentines’s Day Facts

Valentine's Day Rose

  1. It is believed that the celebration of Valentine’s Day started in the Roman Empire. Emperor Claudius ll believed that refraining Roman young soldiers from the marriage made them a better soldier. So he forbade young soldiers to marry.

    Bishop Valentine disobeyed his command and performed secret weddings. For this act of disobedience, Valentine was sent to jail and executed on 14 February. While in jail, he wrote a love note to the jailers’ daughter and signed at the end “From your Valentines”.

  1. Every year, more than 36 million heart-shaped chocolate boxes are purchased for Valentine’s Day.


  1. Next to Christmas, Valentine’s Day is the 2nd most popular day of the year for card sending.  Approximately 1 billion Valentine’s cards are exchanged in U.S. alone each year.
  1. In ancient times, girls ate odd food items on Valentine’s Day because it was believed that by doing so, they can dream of their future life partner.
  1. If you are single, don’t be sad. You can celebrate Singles Awareness day (SAD) instead of Valentine’s Day.
  1. Each year, more than 50 million roses, mostly red, are given around the world for Valentine’s Day.
  1. 73% men purchased flowers for Valentine’s Day, while remaining 27% are women.


  1. Approximately 50 percent of Valentine’s Day cards are sold in the six days prior to the Valentine’s Day.
  1. The sale ratio of condoms increases around Valentine’s Day than usual.
  1. In order of popularity, teachers receive the most Valentines, followed by children, mothers, wives, darlings and pets.
  1. In 1868, Richard Cadbury introduced the first Chocolate box of Valentine’s Day.
  1. 60% of American red roses are produced in the state of California. But a vast number of red roses are mostly imported from South America.
  1. Women tend to purchase 85% of all Valentine’s Day gifts.
  1. Approximately 220,000 wedding proposals are made on Valentine’s Day each year.


  1. About 15% women send flowers themselves on Valentine’s Day.

At this time, I am pretty sure that you had a great time reading these surprising facts. Share these fun facts and unexpected info with your friends and if you know any facts related to these events, share in the comment box below with your feedback.

Fun Facts About Christmas, Easter & Valentines Day
4.9 (98.14%) 43 votes


Join the Conversation

Anti-Spam Quiz:

2

Easter Facts

Easter term
  1. The term “Easter” comes from the word “Eastre” an Anglo-Saxon Goddess of spring who symbolizes the hare and the egg.
  1. In old times, Christians particularly used to exchange red eggs to indicate the resurrection of Jesus’ life.
  1. Majority of people prefers to eat the ears of chocolate bunnies first.
  1. Christians consider the Easter eggs to be the symbol of glee, fertility, and resurrection.
  1. The first chocolate eggs were made in Europe in the early 19th century.
  1. Easter Bells, Easter lily, Baskets, Easter Eggs and rabbits are the common symbols of Easter.
  1. Over 2 billion jellybeans are made for Easter and among sweet items, red jellybeans are children’s most favorite sweet.
  1. Every year in the US, 90 million Easter chocolate bunnies, 16 billion jellybeans and 91.4 Easter eggs are produced.
  1. “Pysanka” is the traditional word for painting eggs.
  1. The tradition of exchanging eggs has been taken from the Persians, Egyptians, Romans, Gauls and Greeks. For these people, the egg was a symbol of life.
  1. Every year, the White House hosts an Easter Egg Hunt on the front lawn. Rutherford B. Hayes started this tradition in 1878.
  1. In 1680, the first story of a rabbit hiding eggs in a garden was published.
  1. Cadbury’s crème Egg is most popular egg-shaped chocolate in the world.
  1. Over 700 million Marshmallow Peeps are sold and consumed by the Americans at the time of Easter.
  1. Americans spend 1.9 billion on Easter Candy.

3

Valentines's Day Facts

Valentine's Day Rose
  1. It is believed that the celebration of Valentine’s Day started in the Roman Empire. Emperor Claudius ll believed that refraining Roman young soldiers from the marriage made them a better soldier. So he forbade young soldiers to marry.

    Bishop Valentine disobeyed his command and performed secret weddings. For this act of disobedience, Valentine was sent to jail and executed on 14 February. While in jail, he wrote a love note to the jailers’ daughter and signed at the end “From your Valentines”.

  1. Every year, more than 36 million heart-shaped chocolate boxes are purchased for Valentine’s Day.
  1. Next to Christmas, Valentine’s Day is the 2nd most popular day of the year for card sending.  Approximately 1 billion Valentine’s cards are exchanged in U.S. alone each year.
  1. In ancient times, girls ate odd food items on Valentine’s Day because it was believed that by doing so, they can dream of their future life partner.
  1. If you are single, don’t be sad. You can celebrate Singles Awareness day (SAD) instead of Valentine’s Day.
  1. Each year, more than 50 million roses, mostly red, are given around the world for Valentine’s Day.
  1. 73% men purchased flowers for Valentine’s Day, while remaining 27% are women.
  1. Approximately 50 percent of Valentine’s Day cards are sold in the six days prior to the Valentine’s Day.
  1. The sale ratio of condoms increases around Valentine’s Day than usual.
  1. In order of popularity, teachers receive the most Valentines, followed by children, mothers, wives, darlings and pets.
  1. In 1868, Richard Cadbury introduced the first Chocolate box of Valentine’s Day.
  1. 60% of American red roses are produced in the state of California. But a vast number of red roses are mostly imported from South America.
  1. Women tend to purchase 85% of all Valentine’s Day gifts.
  1. Approximately 220,000 wedding proposals are made on Valentine’s Day each year.
  1. About 15% women send flowers themselves on Valentine’s Day.

At this time, I am pretty sure that you had a great time reading these surprising facts. Share these fun facts and unexpected info with your friends and if you know any facts related to these events, share in the comment box below with your feedback.