What makeup to use with Prom Dress
Now that you have selected your hairstyle, and complemented it by knowing about some helpful tips about cute makeup ideas for the eyes and face.
Let’s finish it off by paring the best make up ideas with your corresponding dress choice. Now I am not forcing you to use these, as a girl has every right to choose what best suits her. She is the star show and knows herself the best.
Red Prom Dress
Searching makeup that goes ideally with your red dress? Then try the following red dress makeup tips to get the red carpet treatment on your big night.
- Match your dress according to your skin tone not with hair color, where contrasting works sometimes, not every time.
- Highlight either the lips or eyes not both of them.
- Apply light foundation for a smooth base to apply makeup.
- Use a good concealer, if you wish to hide blemishes and acne spots.
- Select a light red lipstick.
- Use neutral eye makeup.
- Use black or brown eye-liner.
- Apply two coats of mascara.
- Don’t forget to comb your brows, add more definition to your eyebrows with an eyebrow pencil
- Don’t match lipstick color and nail paint, as the matchy-match look is outdated. Try picking pink or any other nude color.
- Don’t match your blush with your dress.
Black Prom Dress
- You can try something Smokey, Smokey green or steel gray eyes mentioned earlier in the article.
- Go for dramatic lips, red lips give bold impact, flash pink is coral.
- Gold color is in season nowadays, champagne color will look stunning with nude lips and light bronze blush to highlight your cheekbone well.
- Try winged liner.
- If you want something funky, then go for silver eyeliner.
- You can also try red lipstick with a more naturally toned – neutral eye makeup.
Pink Prom Dress
- Stay away from Smokey eyes and heavy eye makeup. Something light and natural will perfectly complement the lightness of the pink color and truly bring out the elegance in you.
- With light eye makeup try bright pink lipstick.
- You can use neutral or beige eye shadow as pleased.
- Try winged liner.
Purple Prom Dress
- Considering the color is dark, go for a Smokey look with nude lips.
- Lavender or Silver eyes, try pairing purple color with silver eyes.
- Lipstick color should be light if you are trying heavy eye makeup to give a more balance and approachable appearance.
Blue Prom Dress
- Never go for full-on matching with the color blue, looks tacky specially if done way too much.
- If you are wearing a full blue dress or blue top, just add a little bit of blue color in your makeup, like liner or blue eye shadow lighter or darker shade than your dress.
- Eyeshade combinations can be pink/navy blue, silver/navy blue, lime green/turquoise or dark green/turquoise.
- With navy blue eyeliner, use pinkish blush on and peach/brownish pink or brown lipstick.
- With gray eyeliner or eye-shadow, try pink lipstick and pink blush on cheeks.
- With green eyeliner, keep nude lips and warm pinkish blush on cheeks.
- If you are doing navy blue eye makeup then use nude lip color and go for bronzed cheeks.
Going to the prom is a big occasion for most girls, signifying the ending of the term or your high school. Looking good is what every girl deserves to be; nothing short of a princess glittering with her eternal glow. Do share with us your opinions and suggestion regarding what you read.