Every animal has its own unique peculiarity and attributes that make it distinct from others. Here are some Fun animal facts that will surely bring a smile on your face. Even if you are a zoologist, you might be amazed by some of these interesting fun facts about animals. So be ready to blow your mind about the impressive sagacity of these living beings.
Here Is The List Of 60 Interesting but Weird Animal Facts That Can Surprise You.
- Giraffes and humans have the same number of bones in their neck.
- Giraffe age can be calculated from its spots. The darker the spots, the older the giraffe.
- A giraffe’s tongue is so long that it uses it to clean its ears. The color of the tongue is black. This is one of the weird animal facts about the giraffe.
- They rarely lay down; they even sleep and give birth standing up.
- Giraffes are the only animals born with horns. They are born with bony k***s on their forehead.
- Some Reindeer migrate over 3000 miles in a year than any other mammal.
- Some Reindeer have knees that make a clicking sound when they walk. It helps them keep together in a blizzard.
- A Reindeer’s nose warms the air it breathes before it gets to its lungs.
- They eat moss because it contains a chemical that stops their body from freezing.
- Reindeer eyeballs turn blue in winter to help them see at lower light levels.
Sun Bear Facts
- The Sun Bear has the longest tongue of all bear species – 8 to 10 inches long.
- If the Sun Bear is grabbed or bitten around its head, it can turn round inside the wrinkly skin on its head and bite the predator.
- Sun bear is also known as “Dog Bear” due to its glossy fur, short snout, and small size.
- They bark to scare away predators and to declare territory.
- A sun bear claws grow throughout its lifetime and the length of its claws can recognize the age of sun bears.
- Female red kangaroo has three vaginas.
- When two kangaroos meet for the first time, they touch their nose and sniff each other.
- Males smell the urine of females to see if she is ready to mate.
- The Kangaroo’s ancestors lived in trees. Today there are eight different kinds of tree kangaroos.
- Joeys pee and poop in their mother’s pouch, which she cleans with her paws and mouth.
- Snakes smell with their tongue.
- They have ears inside their heads.
- Some snakes can survive without the meal for up to two years.
- Snakes kill 10,000 people every year.
- Snakes don’t have eyelids .
Facts about Arctic Fox
- To get food, arctic fox sometimes follow the polar bear and eat their fragments.
- They have an outstanding sense of hearing and smell.
- Most of the people think that arctic fox is just white, but in summer, their fur turns dark and blend in with the environment. This is most interesting among arctic fox facts.
- They use their thick fuzzy tail to cover themselves to keep warm.
- Both mother and father Arctic fox stay together to raise their babies.