Facts about Elephants
- Elephants are scared of bees.
- Elephants only sleep 2 to 3 hours each day.
- An elephant can smell water from 12 miles away.
- One of the most interesting fun facts about elephants is that they remain pregnant for 2 years.
- One of strange elephants facts is that the world’s most expensive coffee brands are made from the dung of Thai elephants.
Facts about Hippopotamus
- A hippo can hold breathe for 4-5 minutes.
- Hippopotamuses give birth in water.
- They rest in water to keep their temperature down because they don’t have sweat glands.
- They are considered as the dangerous animal in Africa.
- Hippos eat 150 pounds of grass daily.
Facts about Frogs
- Frogs sleep with their eyes open.
- One of the funny animal facts about frogs is that in 2014, 14 new species of dancing frogs has been discovered.
- It’s hard to sneak up on a frog. They can see in all directions at once.
- Frog’s don’t drink water. They absorb it through their skin.
- Male frogs use croaking to attract female frogs.
Facts about Sharks
- One of coolest facts about shark is that they never run out of teeth. If any one of them is gone, another came forward from the rows and became backup teeth.
- Sharks have very keen sense of hearing. It is proved by researchers that they can hear low pitch sound better below the range of human hearing.
- The cartilage of shark is in use for the cure of cancer. But the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has not approved cartilage as a treatment of cancer.
- A shark can see through in the cloudy water because of its particular membrane present in its eye called tapetum lucidum. This feature helps a shark to prey in murky water.
- It is very alarming fact about sharks; some sharks eat their unborn siblings. They eat them because they are looking for nutrition to maintain their survival.
Some Random Animal Facts
- 70% of all animals in the jungle rely on figs for their survival.
- The Chinese soft-shelled turtle is the animal that is known to pee through its mouth.
- Many animals have been reported to commit suicide, including cows, dogs, bulls, and sheep.
- Calvin Klein’s “Obsession for Men” is spread in camera traps because it attracts wild cats and other animals.
- Octopus has 3 hearts.
- It is mandatory in China to test all makeup products on animals. While in Europe, it’s prohibited.
- Cows have four stomachs.
- Squirrels can’t burp and vomit.
- Owls have eye tubes instead of eyeballs.
- One of the amazing animal facts is that with a faster metabolism and small bodies, animals can see in slow motion.