There are many interesting facts you should know about history and to make it easy for you to remember them, we have categorized these amazing facts by following historical figures, events and places.
- George Washington Facts
- Edgar Allan Poe Facts
- Hitler Facts
- Joseph Stalin Facts
- World War two Facts
- Pompeii Facts
- Chernobyl Facts
- Catacombs Paris Facts
- Aztecs Facts
- Mayans Facts
- Greece Facts
Here is the list of Top 87 Interesting History Facts Your History Teacher Forgot To Mention.
George Washington Facts
- George Washington started school at the age of 6 and left at 15 because his mother couldn’t manage his education expenses. He wanted to become a surveyor.
- He got married when he was 26 years old with Martha Custis who had already two children; he had no kids of his own.
- A research in 2005 showed that his dentures were made out of a lead, gold, ivory and the combination of animal and human teeth.
- His hair was real, not a wig, which is generally considered today.
- In US history, he was the sickest president who suffered from malaria, carbuncle, dysentery, small pox, diphtheria and some other diseases.
- He could break the walnut shells between his thumb and forefinger. As he was a strong man.
- He was a great dancer, athlete and the best horseman in the 13 colonies.
- He didn’t have a middle name.
Moreover, Washington led an attack that started a world war. Hoping that the above-mentioned George Washington interesting fun facts may be new to you and you didn’t learn in school.