Aztec was the native civilization of America known as very barbaric due to the count of killings they made. Contrary to this, Aztecs were society oriented people and believed in education, art, and family. Listed below are the cool history facts about the Aztecs you will enjoy.
- This is one of the aztec facts, Aztec people were artistic and creative who loved to sculpt and create pottery.
- They put a strong emphasis on the education of children and they were taught other vocational skills to survive later their lives.
- They had an advance system for keeping records. For maintaining records about tax, religious sacrifices and others, they used deer skins and tree barks.
- Aztecs were the first to introduce chocolate.
- They would often sell their children to the wealthy class to pay off their debts. They were treated well and could buy their freedom.
- The punishment for disobeying the law was often death.
- Their deceased were often buried along with a dog so that he could help them to the afterlife. This is one of the interesting Aztecs facts.
- It is estimated that Aztecs sacrificed about 20,000 people every year. And they often ate their bodies but it is not certain. But it is hard to ignore.
Maya is the ancient civilization of Mesoamerica and was one of the most dominant societies, well known for its art, pottery, calendar making and astronomical systems. Listed below are the some weird history facts about the Mayans that might surprise you.
- Mayans worshiped the gods of sun, crop, and rain.
- Mayans used Cacao as currency.
- Mayans buried the dead noble with pottery ornaments, and sometimes with human sacrifices to serve him in the afterlife.
- To make the desired changes on the physical appearance of their children, for this, boards were pressed on their foreheads to make a flattened surface.
- Most of the children were named according to the day they were born.
- Mayans used to take the sweat bath to purify their body.
- Mayans would offer children, slaves or prisoners of wars as human scarifies to make their gods happy.
- This is the one of the weird and bizarre Mayans facts. They paint the body of the victim to be offered into blue color and pulled out the still beating heart.
The collapse of Mayan culture is still a mystery because it was very advanced civilization. However in some rural areas of Guatemala and Mexico, Mayan culture preserves.
Greece is one of the oldest civilizations that can be traced back to the Stone Age hunters. It is famous for its culture, tremendous history and the historical figures it produced. Following are the fun history facts about Greece you should know.
- Though in Ancient Greece, there were no mobile phones, computers, electricity, and televisions, but they lived in highly organized cities.
- One of the interesting fun facts about Greece is that unlike Modern Greece; Ancient Greece was made up of 1500 different states each with different laws and regulations.
- For Ancient Greek women the life expectancy was 36 and for men, it was 45.
- Some Greeks would not eat beans because they believed that they contained the souls of dead.
- The Ancient Greeks invented the theater.
- They believed in enjoying life and enjoyable things for them to do dance and listening music.
- Ancient Greeks were fond of arts and they used to decorate their homes, buildings and city streets.
- They loved their democracy and proud for being a civilized nation.
- I hope that you enjoyed reading the Greece facts that may be new to you.
I guarantee that most of the zealous history buffs will be surprised to know about some of these weird facts about people, ancient civilizations, and major disasters. I hope that you had a great time reading these funny history facts and interesting funny facts about people in history. Now, you are ready to amaze and shock your friends by telling these interesting history facts.